Join our cutting-edge research team in Levitated Optomechanics at ETH Zurich! We are offering multiple PhD positions in various exciting areas such as inertial force sensing, cavity-mediated entanglement, Brillouin scattering, and the development of hybrid rf-optical traps. If you have a background in physics or engineering, hands-on experimental experience with lasers and measurement techniques, and a passion for pioneering research, we invite you to apply.
As a PhD student in our levitodynamics team, you will contribute to groundbreaking research in levitation and control of microscopic objects. Your tasks may involve working on projects related to inertial force sensing, cavity-mediated entanglement, Brillouin scattering, or the development of hybrid rf-optical traps. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and innovative research group at ETH Zurich.
- Background in physics or engineering
- Experimental work experience, especially with lasers and measurement techniques
- Curiosity, motivation, and creativity
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Experience in optics/photonics, atomic physics, or optomechanics (preferred but not mandatory
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications online through our application portal. Please include the following documents:
- CV with named references
- Transcripts, publication list, and/or list of achievements
- Motivation letter
Please note that applications sent via email or postal services will not be considered.
Deadline: Until position filled