The Department of Environmental Sciences, Section of Plant and Soil Science invites applicants for a PhD fellowship in Foliar N fertilization: A path to green agricultural production. The project is part of the research project “FoliarN”, which is financed by the Danish Research Foundation.
Start date is expected to be 01-05-2024 or as soon as possible thereafter. The project; Nitrous oxide (N2O) is an important greenhouse gas. About 70% of the N2O emissions comes from agricultural fields as a consequence of nitrogen (N) fertilization of crop
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD project, including a MSc degree in environmental science, soil science, biology, physical geography, agronomy or a related discipline.
- Solid knowledge about soil biogeochemistry and plant ecophysiology in the context of agricultural systems.
- Interest and flair for conducting experimental, environmental and agricultural research in both the lab and the field.
- Good computer skills, experience with advanced data management and analysis, including statistical tools and methods.
- Relevant work experience or other professional activities will be an advantage.
- Excellent English language skills (written as well as oral)
- Good communicative and interpersonal skills.
- Letter of application (max. one page) including your motivation for applying for the specific PhD project
- Curriculum vitae including information about your education, experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position
- Original diplomas for Bachelor of Science or Master of Science and transcript of records in the original language, including an authorized English translation if issued in another language than English or Danish. If not completed, a certified/signed copy of a recent transcript of records or a written statement from the institution or supervisor is accepted.
- Publication list (if possible)
- Reference letters (if available)