We are seeking a motivated and skilled individual to join the Programming Group at the Institute of Computer Science, University of St.Gallen, as a full-time PhD student. The successful candidate will engage in cutting-edge research at the intersection of programming languages, software engineering, and security. This position involves collaborating on ongoing research projects, publishing results in scientific conferences/journals, and developing software prototypes to showcase research applicability.
As a PhD student, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting original research at the intersection of programming languages, software engineering, and security.
- Collaborating with colleagues on ongoing research projects within the team.
- Publishing research results in scientific conferences/journals.
- Developing software prototypes to demonstrate the applicability of achieved results.
The Programming Group focuses on various research topics, including language design for distributed systems, verification of replicated data structures, reactive programming, infrastructure as code, DevOps Organizations, and the use of AI for software development.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a closely related field.
- Ability to design and implement software systems of significant complexity.
- Solid understanding of fundamental topics in computer science, including programming languages, compilers, distributed systems, and theoretical computer science.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their online application by applying here (link to the official application portal).