We aim to advance the integration and joining of thermoplastics composites with a concerted effort of several researchers contributing towards a new approach to fusion bonding, combining process and performance optimization by simulations of physical phenomena and process monitoring using artificial intelligence. This postdoc will explore novel approaches in monitoring of ultrasonic welding through a multisensory approach feeding from the air coupled acoustic characteristics, temperature evolution, energy transmission etc., and implement data fusion methods to decipher the evolution of structure-process-property relationship during the ultrasonic welding process.
You must have the following qualifications:
- Strong experimental skills related composites manufacturing and testing.
- Background in mechanical/aerospace/civil engineering, materials science, physics or a related field.
- Experience with ultrasonic welding is a plus.
- Proficiency with machine learning methods and corresponding software packages is a plus.
- Fluency in English and proven academic writing skills.
- The ability to work well in an interdisciplinary project in a collaborative setting and to interact with stakeholders.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply no later than 3 March 2024 via the application button and upload:
- A letter of motivation.
- A detailed CV including a list of publications.
- Summary of academic record or research experience.
- Names of three references.
- Applications will be periodically reviewed also before the application deadline therefore candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as they are ready and not wait until the deadline.
- A pre-employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- Please do not contact us for unsolicited services.